I recently became a father (for the third time), and I’ve been so busy with that and work that I’ve had to mark thousands of feeds as read more than a few times. Now, on a relatively quiet evening, I’ve got my shit together enough to actually be able to read my feeds, and post a few noteworthy ones here. There is no particular order. Enjoy!
- Joseph Sullivan’s favorite book covers of 2007. There are some gems here. I especially like One Red Paperclip and Chip Kidd’s design for After Dark.
- Seems that November 26 will be Blue Beanie Day. Holy shit. I love Zeldman, but people, we just barely recovered from everybody talking like a f*cking pirate. Besides, I don’t have a blue beanie. Photoshop.
- Feel a little more intellectual the next time you decide to throw a sheep at your Facebook buddies. Danah Boyd and Nicole Ellison dive into the history of social network sites.
- While everyone else is spewing fire about frameworks and such, Andy Clarke ponders instant cake mixes. Come on, Andy, get with the program. This just proves you’re a nut.
- Joe Clark coins Clark’s Law, which is in part why I love open source. Not to be confused with the other, less important Clark’s Law.